ROSEBURG — Many veterans depend on the generous volunteer drivers who get them to and from their Roseburg VA Health Care System appointments. The health care system is currently low on volunteer drivers which is affecting the care of local veterans and their access to care. Anyone who has ever considered giving back to those who gave a great deal to ensure the country's continued freedom may find that being a volunteer driver is just be the thing to do.
Volunteer drivers are needed in the Roseburg, Eugene, North Bend, Brookings and Crescent City areas. Drivers transport our nation’s most honored heroes, therefore:
To become a volunteer driver, applicants must:
- Have a valid state issued driver's license
- Have a clean driver's record/VA driver's check
- Have current liability insurance
- Pass a VA issue health screening/physical (no cost to the volunteer)
- Have a fingerprint background check
For more information on becoming a volunteer driver for the Roseburg VA Health Care System, contact the Voluntary Services at 541-440-1000, Ext. 45311.