NORTH BEND — The North Bend School District is facing serious discrimination allegations.
The allegations include an LGBTQ student being forced to read Bible passages as a form of punishment and whether or not LGBTQ students were discriminated against after reporting sexual harassment. These allegations are detailed in a March 6 letter from the Oregon Department of Education to District Superintendent Bill Yester.
BANDON — A Coos County man is dead after he allegedly pointed and fired a shotgun toward officers in an empty field near the Faith Baptist Chu…
COQUILLE — A Coquille businessman, who was being sought by Bandon police for alleged sex crimes, is in custody and being transported back to C…
SOUTH COAST — More earthquakes have hit off the Southern Oregon Coast recently.
Though quakes on the Blanco Fracture Zone are normal, the recent activity is happening just offshore of the Cascadia subduction zone near the trench. If that goes off, the well-warned Cascadia quake will shake apart neighborhoods and sink buildings.
COQUILLE – A math teacher with the Coquille School District resigned Tuesday after posting sexually explicit comments online.
COQUILLE — A person of interest has been named relating to Saturday's homicide in Coquille. The homicide victim is 46-year-old Coquille resident Gregory Scott Durham. According to the Coos County District Attorney's Office, 34-year-old Manuel Daniel Delgado was arrested Saturday for the assault of 51-year-old Coquille resident Michael Lucas. Durham was the primary occupant of the residence where he was killed, according to Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier.
10 updates to this series since Updated
- Coos County announces eight more COVID deaths
- Two serious horse viruses confirmed in Oregon, ODA advises owners to vaccinate their animals
- Recent COVID-linked deaths in Coos County
- Closure extended at Dean Creek Elk Viewing Area and North Spit Boat Ramp
- Letter: Not real Trump supporters
- Letter: Why bring up Nuremberg Code?
- Longtime Coos Bay officer indicted for sex abuse
- Douglas County offering free PPE
- The World's E-edition for 9-17-21
- Unlawful cars could be towed under CB ordinance
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.