COQUILLE — A 46-year-old Coquille man was arrested Wednesday, Dec. 6, on drunken driving, reckless endangerment of another person, assault and weapons charges after colliding with another vehicle at the intersection of Fishtrap Road and Arago Fishtrap Road in Coquille. 

According to a Coos County Sheriff's press release, at 11:50 a.m. a Coos County Sheriff’s deputy was dispatched to a report of a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Fishtrap Road and Arago Fishtrap Road. When the deputy arrived he found a female driver of a Chevrolet pickup with injuries. The truck had substantial front-end damage. The second vehicle was a Chevy Tahoe and had significant damage to the passenger side. The adult male driver and an injured male juvenile had allegedly left the scene in another vehicle. Two weapons, brass knuckles and a stiletto knife, were located inside of the Chevy Tahoe.

The female driver was transported to Coquille Valley Hospital with minor injuries. The male driver who left the scene was located when he took the injured male juvenile passenger for treatment at Coquille Valley Hospital.

Investigation indicated the driver, Richard Dockery, 46, of Coquille was driving under the influence of intoxicants at the time of the crash. After leaving the scene of the crash he stopped to purchase additional alcoholic beverages at a local convenience store before going to the hospital to get treatment for the injured seven year old passenger.

A search warrant was served on Richard Dockery to compel a sample of his blood to determine a level of blood alcohol level.

Richard Dockery was arrested and later released in order for him to receive medical care. He is being referred to the Coos County District Attorney’s Office for the following charges:

  • Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (Alcohol)
  • Reckless Driving
  • Assault in the First Degree
  • Recklessly Endangering Another Person
  • Assault in the Fourth Degree
  • Possession of Weapons by Certain Felons

The injured 7-year-old passenger was admitted to the Coquille Valley Hospital then flown by helicopter to River Bend Hospital in Eugene for treatment of serious injuries received during the crash.


The World's Latest E-Edition

Connect With Us


Load comments