NORTH BEND — The On Broadway Thespian's/Little Theater On The Bay will hold auditions for the production of "Annie," the musical starting at 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17. Those planning to audition are expected to attend three consecutive auditions. The following two auditions will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 18 and Sunday, Nov. 19, at The Liberty Theatre located at 2100 Sherman Ave., North Bend.
Those attending should dress comfortably. The first night plan to recite a one-minute monologue, the next night a perform a song from Annie, followed by a group read through on the third evening. Cast will consist of eight principal roles, nine supporting, and an ensemble. All ages welcome and no experience is necessary.
With equal measures of pluck and possitivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone's hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. She is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of a New York City Orphanage that is run by the cruel, embittered Miss Hannigan. With the help of the other girls in the Orphanage, Annie escapes to the wondrous world that is NYC. In adventure after fun-filled adventure, Annie foils Miss Hannigan's evil machinations ... and even befriends President Franklin D. Roosevelt! She finds a new home and family in billionaire Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
Break into theater and be a part of something fun and rewarding, either on stage or behind the scenes; painting a set, or helping with props and costumes. Audition Forms are available at http://onbroadwaytheater.com.
For more information about the auditions or to discuss volunteer opportunities behind the scenes, call the Director Joe Vos at 541-217-7401.
List of song choices includes:
- Hard Knock Life
- Little Girls
- I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here
- Easy Street
- Why Should I Change A Thing?
- You Won’t Be An Orphan For Long
- N.Y. Entr’acte
- Fully Dressed
Roles looking to cast includes:
- Annie – Streetwise Orphan, age 10-12
- Daddy Warbucks – Successful Businessman, age 40-55
- Grace Farrell – Secretary To Warbucks, age 20-35
- Orphans – Reside In The Orphanage With Annie, ages 6 to 13
- (Molly, Kate, Tessie, Pepper, July, Duffy)
- Servants – Work At The Warbucks Mansion, ages 20 to 50+
- (Drake, Mrs Pugh, Mrs Greer, Cecille, Annette)
- Mrs Hannigan – The Orphanage Matron, age 30-45
- Rooster – Sleazy Con Man, age 20-35
- Lily – Floozy and Bimbo, age 20-30
- Bert Healy - Radio Personality, age 30-45
- Roosevelt – President Of The USA, age 40-60
- Sandy – loveable Pooch
- Ensemble – Servants, Boylan Sisters, Cabinet Members, Hooverville Citizens (All ages)