The Lower Umpqua Hospital Foundation is in its ninth year of recognizing the voluntary efforts of our local people and organizations who work diligently to improve the health, wellness and safety within our community. Help us celebrate those who give so much by nominating them for this prestigious award.
We are now accepting nominations for the Beacon Award. Both individuals and groups are eligible for recognition.
Nominations must be received by Monday, April 2. The recipients will be recognized at a reception at Lower Umpqua Hospital on Monday, May 7, as part of Hospital Week activities.
• The person or group to be recognized must try to improve the health, wellness, or safety of residents in coastal Douglas County (the Lower Umpqua Hospital District) outside a scope of employment.
• The benefits can be for the community in general or a specific group.
• Nominations are due by Monday, April 2. Mail to Beacon Award c/o Lower Umpqua Hospital Foundation, 600 Ranch Rd. Reedsport, OR 97467, or leave at the reception desk at Lower Umpqua Hospital.
• A presentation of the Beacon Award will be made during Hospital Week on Monday, May 7, at a reception to honor the recipient(s).
• Selected recipient(s) will be able to identify a local charitable program to receive a $100 award in their name from the Foundation.
Please submit a letter that includes such details as:
• The name, address and phone number of the individual or group to be recognized;
• An explanation of what this person or this group has done to improve the health or safety status of people in this community.
• What role this person or group has in the effort.
• Specifically what group has been served.
• How health/wellness/safety status of that group has improved.
• How long or often this effort has been made.
• Other pertinent details.
• Name and contact information of the person making the nomination in the event additional information is needed.
Nomination forms can be found on the hospital website at www.lowerumpquahospital.org.
Contact Rosa Solano, Public Relations at 541-271-2171 Ext 206 or email@example.com for additional information.