What about Glenda Campbell?

2013-03-16T00:44:00Z 2013-03-16T13:59:28Z What about Glenda Campbell?The World Coos Bay World
March 16, 2013 12:44 am  •

COOS BAY — While the discovery of a body this week may resolve one woman’s Empire-area disappearance, police still have no answer regarding another.

The case is still open on Glenda Campbell, 59, who went missing from her Coos Bay apartment in November. Extensive searches of the shoreline near the Empire Boat Ramp, where Campbell was known to take walks, proved fruitless. Police and Coos County Search and Rescue have since suspended the search.

Friends of Campbell have said they hope people will continue to look for her even though there is no longer an official search.

“She would want people searching for her,” friend Suzanne Lloyd said in November. “She would do the same for somebody else.”

Campbell worked at Walmart at the time of her disappearance, and fellow employee Marti Daily said via Facebook that even though she only knew her a brief time, Campbell made an impact on her with her positivity.

“She was always cheerful and kind and gave me a warm welcome back,” Daily said.

Campbell is 5-foot-6 with gray hair and a medium build. She was last seen wearing khaki pants and a blue shirt.

Anyone with information regarding Campbell’s whereabouts can contact the Coos Bay Police Department at 541-269-8911.

Copyright 2015 Coos Bay World. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(7) Comments

1. angelbaby97420
    angelbaby97420 - March 26, 2013 11:54 pm
    has anyone thought to go look at the waterfront condos that were never finished? I dont think we have done enough. she was somebodys friend,daughter,mother,aunt ect... what if it was ur family member? Holly and glendas life mean something! keep looking, keep the word out. NEVER GIVE UP LOOKING!!
  2. angelbaby97420
    angelbaby97420 - March 26, 2013 11:50 pm
    we need to bring glenda home. everwhere I go, I keep an eye out. I havent forgotten her. she was a friend and an awesome person.i Good or bad, we need to find her.!!
  3. angelbaby97420
    angelbaby97420 - March 26, 2013 11:48 pm
    we need to protect ourselves. If there is a sicko out there, do something! Get off your laurals.! I dont feel safe anymore and i dont want to leave my house.
  4. angelbaby97420
    angelbaby97420 - March 26, 2013 11:46 pm
    I heard this week that there are two more women missing from coosbay that the police havent released to the press. As a single woman, I feel they shouldnt hide this. we all have a right to know.!!
  5. alwayslocal
    alwayslocal - March 19, 2013 4:05 pm
    I was told today that they found a body - unidentified yet believed to be her over next to those apartments and there was nothing there just 2 days ago. why dont you put anything in the news about that? even if it is or isnt her.? the public has a right to know.
  6. andrewsgirl17
    andrewsgirl17 - March 19, 2013 10:08 am
    you know whats stupid glenda has been missing for about four months and you dont even keep seaching for her thats sad i feel bad for my aunt suzzane because she does not have her friend anymore it is sad i am glad they found holly but come on keep looking for glenda for me and my aunt we all want her back with us.
  7. WMae
    WMae - March 16, 2013 1:26 am
    Thank you for putting out more information about Glenda who has been missing longer than Holly Berry. Hopefully she will return home safely.
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick

Content Match

Link Boost
LNG Boost
Activate subscription button gif
Subscription Services

Today's Events

More Events

Get TXT news alerts

Text “START” to 541-897-6428.

Standard messaging and data rates may apply.

Deals, Offers and Events